The following terms are used throughout the Agreement, and have specific meanings:
- “Beanstream” refers to a third party service provider which processes Customer payments on behalf of CCM
- “Business Day” refers to Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm Eastern time excluding statutory holidays.
- “Campus” refers to the respective educational institution (Carleton University, The University of Ottawa, Algonquin College, La Cite Collegial or Ashbury College) which the Customer is attending
- “Campus Concierge Movers,” “CCM,” “We,” and “Us” refer to Campus Concierge Movers Inc., as well as its affiliates, directors, subsidiaries, contractors, licensors, officers, agents, and employees
- “Customer” refers to the individual person that has visited or is using the Website and/or Service and is entering into this Agreement with CCM
- “Customer Property” refers to any material objects, goods, or items stored or held by Campus Concierge Movers on behalf of the Customer
- “Moving Kit” refers to the boxes and additional moving supplies itemized in the CCM package selected by the Customer, plus customized Customer labels
- “Standard Delivery Period” refers to the periods of the year that CCM offers delivery of Customer Property to the Customer
- “Storage Service” refers to the pick-up, transport, storage, and delivery services provided by Campus Concierge Movers
- “Website” refers to Campus Concierge Movers’ website located at http://www.campusconciergemovers.ca/, and all content, services, and products available at or through the Website
Reservation of Storage Services
Pickup and Transport
CCM will use reasonable efforts to deliver a Moving Kit to the Customer in advance of the scheduled pick-up date. It is the Customer’s responsibility to notify CCM by email of any changes to the scheduled pick-up date and/or address at least 2 Business Days prior to the scheduled pick-up date. Failure to do so may result in rescheduling fees as indicated in the “Prices and Additional Fees” section of this Agreement. On the day of the scheduled pick-up a CCM contracted mover will pick-up properly packed Customer Property and transport the Customer Property to a secure facility. If required, the Customer must disassemble all Customer Property prior to the scheduled pick-up date and time.
CCM will provide the Customer with personalized labels. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that these labels are: (i) installed properly to cover the top seal and bottom seal of each box and (ii) installed on each additional item where the label(s) will be clearly visible. The Customer must sign the designated section of each label for authenticity purposes.
Storage and Protection
CCM will store Customer Property in a secure facility selected at the sole discretion of CCM.
Retrieval and Delivery
It is the Customer’s responsibility to notify CCM by email at minimum 5 Business Days, in advance of already scheduled date(s), of any requested changes to the scheduled delivery date and/or address. Failure to do so may result in rescheduling fees as indicated in the “Prices and Additional Fees” section of this Agreement. On the day of the scheduled delivery a CCM contracted mover will retrieve Customer Property at the secured facility and deliver Customer Property to the scheduled address at the scheduled time.
Compliance With Laws
The Customer represents and warrants that: (i) the Customer has the authority to, and is of legal age to, bind himself/herself to this Agreement; (ii) the Customer’s use of the Storage Service will be solely for purposes that are permitted by this Agreement; (iii) the Customer’s uses of the Storage Service will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party; and (iv) the Customer’s use of the Storage Service will comply with all local, provincial and federal laws, rules, and regulations, and with all other CCM’s policies.
Additional Terms May Apply
Credit Card Information
All payments must be made by credit or debit card. All payments will be processed through Beanstream. CCM will not store the Customer’s card number, expiration date or card verification number. However, the credit card used at the time of registration will be kept on file by Beanstream and will be used to charge any additional service charges or related fees, as indicated in this Agreement.
The Customer is required to be present at the specified pick-up and delivery location during the scheduled time. If the Customer will not be present at the time of pick-up or delivery, the Customer must inform CCM by email at minimum 2 Business Days prior to the scheduled pick-up and/or delivery date with the name of a Customer authorized alternate contact, who must be present at the time and location of the scheduled pick-up and/or delivery date.
In the event that the Customer chooses the 4 month payment plan and fails to pay the service fees in full prior to the scheduled delivery date, the Customer Property may not be returned to the Customer on the scheduled delivery date until such time as the fees are paid in full and the Customer will be responsible for rescheduling fees. In the event that CCM is unable to charge the Customer’s credit card for the additional storage period, and no other arrangements have been made with CCM for delivery, pick-up or shipping of the Customer Property, the Customer Property will be considered abandoned. CCM reserves the right to assume ownership of any abandoned items 10 days after the last date of the Standard Delivery Period. Abandoned items may be auctioned or otherwise sold.
Content of CCM boxes
Customer Property may not include any of the following items: living creatures (animals, pets or other living creatures) and plants, firearms, explosives, flammables of any kind (gas, diesel, kerosene, oil, paint, etc.), drugs or drug paraphernalia, stolen items, illegal items, hazardous items of any kind, hazardous or toxic waste material of any kind and any item which does (or may) detrimentally affect anything that is outside of the Customer’s box (such as the boxes of other users, the storage facility, etc.).
Insurance/Limitations of Liability
CCM shall bear no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any loss or damage to any box which is returned to the Customer with Customer-signed labels intact. In a case where a box is returned to the Customer with one or both labels on the box entirely broken, the Customer must report any loss or damage to the contents of such box to CCM by email within 24 hours following delivery. All properly submitted loss/damage reports will be processed by CCM and a response issued within 30 days from their receipt. Prior to approving a loss/damage claim, CCM reserved the right to require the Customer to provide reasonable evidence of loss/damage. Upon approval of any loss/damage claim, CCM will be liable for a maximum of $100 per box. CCM’s total aggregate liability to Customer for any reason whatsoever, whether in an action based on contract, tort, warranty or any other legal theory, is expressly limited in all cases to the foregoing amounts. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event will CCM be liable to the Customer for any special, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages.
In addition and notwithstanding the foregoing, CCM will not be liable for any damage or loss to the following items under any circumstances
- Coins, jewelry, and collectables
- Items of intangible value
- Fragile items (e.g. Glass, mirrors, etc.)
- Damage to electronic equipment which is not packed in its original manufacturer supplied packaging and there is no evidence of physical damage or breakage to the packaging.
- Inadequately packed items
- Contents within a box which was not packed or taped by the Customer in accordance with CCM instructions
- Unpackaged items, including furniture
- Minor damage caused by normal handling (including, but not limited to scratches, nicks & cuts)
- Damage to outer storage containers (e.g. plastic totes, suitcases, trunks, etc.)
- Damage due to natural disasters, acts of terror, acts of warfare, or acts of God
- Damage caused to assembled furniture and particleboard
- Loss or damages occurring while the items are not in the possession of CCM
Indemnity: The Customer shall indemnify and hold CCM harmless from and against all liability, losses, claims, damages, suits and expenses whatsoever which CCM may suffer as a result of any breach by the Customer of his/her obligations, representations and warranties under this Agreement.
Prices and Additional Fees
- Prices: Prices for the CCM packages and additional items indicated on the Website are subject to change without notice.
- Missed Pick Up/Delivery: If the Customer or the Customer authorized alternate contact is not present at the time and location of the scheduled pick up/delivery, the movers will leave a “while you were out” message on the door with instructions to call CCM and the Customer will be charged a $25 rescheduling fee, plus the cost of re-delivery (based on the amount of contents, distance, location, date and time).
- Early/Late Delivery: In the event that Customer Property is required to be dropped off to the Customer outside of CCM’s standard delivery dates schedule, the Customer will be responsible to pay a $50 administration fee, plus the cost of re-delivery (price is based on the amount of contents, distance, location, date and time).
- Rescheduling: If the Customer requires to reschedule and/or change the scheduled pick up or delivery date/time, the Customer must provide CCM with at minimum 5 Business Days’ notice prior to the scheduled pick up/delivery date, otherwise a $25 administration fee will be charged to the Customer. Alternatively, if the Customer has not provided CCM with a delivery date at the time of booking, the Customer must notify CCM of the delivery date by no later than August 15, otherwise a $25 administration fee will be charged to the Customer.
- Additional boxes/items: If at the time of the scheduled pick up, the Customer has more boxes and/or additional items than originally scheduled, the movers will note the additional items on the Customer pick up manifest and the Customer will be required to sign the manifest confirming pick up of all additional items and Customer credit card will be charged additional fees for the additional items. The movers will supply the Customer with extra blank labels for the Customer to fill out and install on any additional items and to seal the additional boxes. The top and bottom of each additional box must be sealed using a CCM provided label and signed by the Customer.
- Pickup and Delivery over 5km: Pick up and delivery of Customer Property must be within a 5 km radius of the Campus. Pick up and delivery outside of the said 5 km radius will be subject to an additional fee of $0.50 per km.
- Penalty Fee: Following a missed delivery or cancellation of delivery due to nonpayment of service fees if, within 3 days following the originally scheduled delivery date, the Customer does not arrange with CCM a new delivery date, the Customer shall be responsible for an additional storage fee (15% of the total Customer Storage Service fee per week) which will be charged on a weekly basis until the Customer Property is delivered. Alternatively, if the Customer has not provided CCM with a delivery date at the time of booking and Customer Property has not been delivered to the Customer by September 15, the Customer shall be responsible for the additional storage fee which will be charged on a weekly basis until the Customer Property is delivered.
CCM reserves the right to make changes to this Agreement at any time.
The Customer acknowledges that the Customer has read and understands this Agreement, and will be bound by this Agreement.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the parties hereto consents to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario with respect to all disputes arising under this Agreement.